My purpose in this blog is to share my testimony that God, our Heavenly Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ live today and loves all his children no matter where they live, who they are and what they believe. God is our father and is there for us if we seek him. I will share my thoughts and experiences as well as through the scriptures and church leaders.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and as such my writings will reflect those beliefs through all the scriptures we believe in including:
1. The Holy Bible – King James Version, but open to other versions as well.
2. The Book Of Mormon – A scriptural record of people that lived in the American continent from 2200 B.C. to about 400 A.D. It includes an account of Jesus Christ's visit to the Americas shortly after his resurrection.
3. The Doctrine and Covenants – Scriptural writings of the Prophet Joseph Smith and other modern day prophets.
4. The Pearl of Great Price - Writings of Moses and Abraham translated by Joseph Smith, also a translation of the Book of Matthew that Joseph Smith made from the New Testament, and some of the history of Joseph Smith.
5. General Conference Addresses and other writings of modern day prophet and apostles.
As a member of the LDS Church, I believe that our Heavenly Father loves us as much as he loved his children anciently and he speaks to us today through living prophets the same as he has always done. Because we have modern prophets, their writings have been recorded and some of them have been added to the Bible and Book of Mormon as additional witnesses of Jesus Christ. These beliefs are not up for debate here. You can ask questions and I will reply to anyone honestly seeking to know what we believe.
I welcome your comments and suggestions. I will review the comments prior to releasing them to be published and will delete anything that is vulgar or demeaning in any way. I do not mind criticism, but keep it clean and avoid anything that is offensive. The purpose of this blog is not to debate religious views, but to share experiences you have had in our everyday life and to answer questions that you might have. There are other places that religious debates can be held, but this is not it. Also this blog is my personal writings and opinions and is not an official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. Anyone that copies or references this blog should not infer in anyway that this is an official church publication.
For more information contact me at email@example.com